• Dr. Pentakota Ravi Kumar is a Pulmonologist and Allergy Specialist who specializes in the treatment of lung-related disorders, including Allergy, Asthma, COPD (emphysema, Bronchitis), Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Interstitial Lung Diseases, Pleural Diseases (pneumothorax, pleural effusion), and sleep-related disorders.
• He is an expert in Asthma and Allergic disease management (Allergy Immunotherapy), Bronchoscopy, Chest ultrasound, pulmonary rehabilitation, and Titration and interpretation of Polysomnography (sleep study).
Dr.Pentakota Ravi Kumar
M.B.B.S, M.D (Pulmonary Medicine)
DNB (Respiratory Medicine)
DPAA (Dip in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma)
• Dr. Pentakota Ravi Kumar is a certified Pulmonologist and Allergy specialist with 5 years of experience in the field of pulmonology and sleep medicine.
• He completed his M.D. in Pulmonary medicine from KIMS & RF in Amalapuram during 2017-2020 and his DNB in Respiratory Medicine from the National Board of Examination, New Delhi in 2021.
• He also holds a Diploma in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma from the Sir Gangaram Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Foundation, New Delhi, and the University of Colorado, USA, which he received in 2022.
• Dr. Ravi Kumar's clinical expertise and approachable demeanor have been instrumental in treating difficult cases.
• His special interest lies in Allergic Disorders, such as food allergy, Allergic rhinitis, Asthma, Sleep Disorders like Sleep apneas (OSA & CSA), and obesity hyperventilation syndrome (OHS).
• He employs polysomnography and positive pressure airway devices (CPAP and BIPAP) to manage and treat these patients.
Areas of Interest
• Allergy Skin Prick Test
• Allergy Immunotherapy (Allergy Vaccines)
• Chest Ultrasound, USG guided thoracocentesis
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Adult Vaccination
• Polysomnography (Levels- I and II)
• Spontaneous Oesophagopleural Fistula as the Underlying Cause of Hydropneumothorax - brief
• Clinical Evaluation of Bronchial washings and Bronchial biopsy in diagnosing lung disorders at
Konaseema area of Andhra Pradesh 2018-19-Research article in Indian Journal of Immunology and Respiratory Medicine